about collecting things

Posted on: January 29, 2013

 

Collecting things from different places is like to have the whole world at home. When I sit down on the breakfast table in the morning and sip out of my french bol, it tells a story:

The story of a beautiful spring day with beloved friends spent in Paris. Strolling down the streets, stopping here and there for a crêpes or a macaroon, doing some window shopping, when finally there were these milkbowls - but I wanted to 'think about it'. After a few days when I couldn't get it out of my head, I realized I needed to buy these bols but then the shop wasn't to open until half an hour earlier to my depart. So I locked my luggage in one of the lockers at Gare de l'est which was too small and too expensive and then I walked the way along to the shop, so that I knew how long it will take me to get back to the train station. When I looked at my watch, I was still too early, so I sat down on a bench at the Canal St Martin, enjoying the silence until I had to hurry back to my train, when I could finally buy these bols. Moments later, I made it to the train just in time with a smile on my face, because I had a piece of Paris in my bag.

Another beautiful tableware I want to surround myself with, especially those mugs.

A nice notebook to keep track. 

This shop in Berlin has all the wonderful magazines out there in stock, so you'll never miss an issue.

What about collecting letters?  

I bought my first cookbook - the beginning of a long lasting collection.

 

0 Notes:

Post a Comment

BON & JOUR All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger